KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

On-Line Learning System

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve
      Keymaster

New for 2016 ~ On-line Learning System

A new era dawns for those interested in learning KunTao Silat!

Now those with the good fortune to have high-speed internet access can immediately access over a hundred KunTao Silat training videos 24/7.

The ‘Learning Management System’ {LMS} is divided into two courses at present with plans to expand as student interest and needs dictate.

The American KunTao Silat Course provides focus on the unique aspects of the system from the beginning levels of silat through the Chang style internal kuntao.

The Malabar KunTao Silat Course has been expanded to include the Indonesian Shaolin version of the Chinese Taoist arts, so that the practitioner completes the course with three additional forms; I Shing Po, Po Qua Zen and Tai Keah.

The virtual format provides us with the ability to immediately update and refine the course curriculum so that our members have the most recent additions and refinements at their command.

We can also now respond to specific questions in video format by utilizing the video’s time code and cutting out and expanding information on specific topics that students want more information about.

Students will have the ability to directly upload their test videos to our secure server rather than using the Vimeo Testing Group if they so desire. This LMS may even supersede our current testing set up in the future.

Students will have modules available to them that include Training Exercises & Drills, Technical Applications, Blade Training, AKTS Forms, Malabar Forms, the entire 13 video Guru Classes with Willem de Thouars and many full-length videos from ours and other systems, such as Serak that may be of personal interest.

Also provided directly from the student’s console is a direct link to email me with questions, comments and opinions so that we can, together, build a learning system most conducive to rapid progress in KunTao Silat.

All Inner Circle subscribers have been pre-registered for the Malabar course at present and I will be pleased to include you in the American program if you let me know you would like take that course in lieu of, or in addition to, the Malabar program. There are no additional costs. Those who have signed up for the $20/month Incremental download program will also be included at no additional costs.

For new members, the cost for the LMS is $100 ante and $20/month. Naturally, the current Guru Course members receive their usual 50% discount.

This is a major step toward my original vision of creating a total on-line KunTao Silat learning system so that my martial brothers & sisters all over the world can effectively learn KunTao Silat if they so desire. I look forward to a great deal of dialog from the practitioners and a rapid evolution of the two programs so that they, and those who follow, can more easily and rapidly complete the journey to Practitioner or Guru Muda in the system of your choice.

Thank you all for your continued support and participation! May 2016 be a year of joy and blessings for all.

Steve Gartin ~ Founder

Steve
      Keymaster

If you are an Inner Circle subscriber or an Incremental Download student this Learning Management System is available to you at no charge. Please contact me if you are having any problems accessing the LMS.

Steve
      Keymaster

Howdy to All,
      We’re getting close to the vision I had when beginning the official Distance Learning Program back in the 1980s. The first hurdle was to codify the forms, which was no simple matter for more reasons than I care to enumerate.

I guess I’m not going to get into the hurdles, but rather concentrate on the opportunities that a program like this presents.

First of all, you have hundreds of hours of KunTao Silat video at your command, right in this module.

Then you have the bloody pulpit from whence to ask questions supported by a video repartee right in the Blog and on the KTS Forum as well, not to mention from within your own personal Course module. You can quote timeline numbers or make clips to upload to illustrate your question, comment or epiphany and open it to discussion, or keep it between you and I. . . your choice.

I don’t know what all the possibilities are yet, so let’s investigate together!
      Happy Thoughts,
      Steve Gartin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.