KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

Syllabus

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      James
      Participant
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Well James, you have certainly conquered the very first aspect of KunTao Silat Training. . . observation!Steve has a way of hitting with his whole body that is exemplified in his distinct variety of the Inner Circle Greeting, of which there is now a video. However, this concept can be isolated into a more "mature" form simply by adjusting the timing of your punch with whatever forward movement you can muster - all things considered. We use Steve as the model for the Guru Certification Course because of all the things he has been accused of - Guru - seems to be the most widely agreed upon by friends and foes. We mortals kinda' have to do the best we can with what we still have left by the time we find KunTao Silat.Yes, there is somewhat of a syllabus written by Sigung Aric Fowler and I'm sure he will chime in here and tell you all about it. There is also a video composite that you will find on the topic of Questions about Testing Videos at: http://kuntaosilat.org/forum/index.php?topic=276.0You are spot on about the principle versus the specific. KunTao Silat seems to attract thinking individuals, which fits perfectly with Steve's belief in the sanctity of the individual and the freedom of choice inherent in the American Martial LifeStyle of KunTao Silat. Each individual must inculcate the principles into their way of living and doing. You will know that you are doing it right when it works almost effortlessly - magical. But it is actually only the proper application of the foundational KunTao Silat skills. So many miss the boat by looking past the basics. Spend a whole lot of time on legwork. . . then spend some more.

Brian Haskell
      Participant

Hi JamesI recently have implemented Sigung Aric's curriculum in my practice group and it has been more than helpful.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Balance is SO important to our walk…so VERY important. YHVH created harmony when He brought creation into being. When that order is upset, it brings chaos, confusion and disorder. Those same problems exist in our lives when we are imbalanced. Yes as Brian Haskell said Timing is essential and I agree.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Requirements for Advancement from Level 1 The Triangle Exercise (Sapu/Besset)_____ Foot should sweep completely around the triangle on a Sapu.

StevenR
      Participant

Thank you for posting this syllabus as it will help me wrap my head around what to focus on. However, I notice that this progression is different than the outline for the Malabar levels here: http://www.kuntaosilat.net/gurucourse.htm with the inclusion of the Serak djurus already at Level 2 (which isn't listed as a requirement in the Malabar levels, but included in the American). Not a big deal since I planned to learn those anyway regardless of which direction I take. Having said that, should we be following the outline above (and in the PDF)? Or do we still follow the outline in the guru course link?Look forward to hearing your reply.Steven

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Steven,Malabar requires the first eight djurus. American requires eighteen. We are in the process now of synchronizing the various websites now as the Branches are becoming better defined. Thanks for pointing that out.Happy training,Art

SigungAric

Steven,To add on to what Guru Muda Art stated, follow the PDF as it is the most current, correct, and followed curriculum to date.If you have any Malabar related questions, please feel free to email me or post on the forums here.SigungAric@kuntaosilat.comThanks!Aric

Royal Dragon
      Participant

I have a question. Why split the curriculum in to two branches (KTS and Malabar)? Why not just run it all together in a sequential order?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.