KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

Dan Inosanto

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

What systems of Silat is Dan Inosanto certified in?

Sihing73
      Participant

Hello,He has trained with several different masters but I believe the system he teaches is called Maphilindo Silat. However, I also believe that this system is a conglomeration of his own based on the various systems he has been exposed to. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
      Inactive

What im wondering is if the De Thouars family certified Him or who certified him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I know that the Suwanada family certified Him cause he's on there website thats a pretty big accomplishment.

Travis C
      Participant

Willem and Vic both did a lot with Dan Inosanto. I'm not sure if Willem ever gave him any form of certification, but I know Pak Vic did in Serak. Dan and his son in law Ron Balicki were both certified under Vic. Hope that helps.

Derric
      Participant

As a beginning, he was a student of Pendaker Paul D.T.

Mas Jonty
      Participant

I got the impression during my training that Pendekar Paul wasn't teaching the whole system to him and got upset about it.

Mas Jonty
      Participant

That is, Guru Dan got upset about it.

Travis C
      Participant

That too seems to be the M.O. When it comes to Paul D.T. It seems to be what he does to “protect” the complete system from outsiders.

Mas Jonty
      Participant

As I understand is, Pendekar Paul still just considers Serak to be an “indoor” system. That, I suppose, is quite valid from a traditionalist perspective, but wouldn't sit well with someone like Guru Dan.One of the things I most respect about Dan Inosanto is his general refusal to get involved in martial arts politics, but I got the impression that he chose to ally himself with Pak Vic because of this.

Steven Vance
      Participant

He offers VDT Serak(TM), Maphilindo and Madjapahit Silat, I believe.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wow,I want to meet Billand Dan,if it?s possible,man.Hey,haven?t you got some contacts to meet them all? xD

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.