KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

George Morin?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven Vance
      Participant

I watched the clip Sigung Steve has up on his Youtube page (http://youtu.be/HZjkFZASKZw) where George Morin performs.

Steve
      Keymaster

Yes Steven, George Morin is a great martial artist. He was always an inspiration to me because of his precision and attention to detail. He fell out of favour with Willem when he ran out of money. I don't believe he ever ran out of talent or a love of the arts. I haven't heard from him in ages, but I'd wager he still trains and teaches KunTao Silat. I filmed a lot of George and perhaps it is possible to go through the archives and build a video of his performances ~ it would be impressive.It's good to see you here after so many years and so many hardships that have befallen you. You will one day be considered an icon of dedication and perseverance in training through injuries and difficulties.May YHVH richly bless you and your House,Steve

Steven Vance
      Participant

Thanks for that, Steve!

Kuntaoer
      Participant

Way back in the 80’s, it was George Morin who made me kiss the floor on the gravel parking lot outside of a kenpo studio in Westmont Illinois. Years of Judo and bare knuckle karate and kung fu and I was dispatched without effort. It certainly built a yearning to learn Kuntao Silat!

If you poke around on Facebook, you can find him. He’s certainly very precise. Almost a kind of polar opposite to the endless flow and subtlety of Pak Steve, where the precision is on the inside.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.