KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

Health Professionals in American KunTao Silat

Welcome to KunTao Silat ~ the American Martial LifeStyle Forums General Category Martial Medicine Health Professionals in American KunTao Silat

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Guru Aric and I were discussing the fact that many of the people who tend to gravitate toward American KunTao Silat are health professionals, of quite a wide spectrum of practice.We were wondering why?

mck282
      Participant

I think it is beneficial in martial arts to understand the the body and how it works. For example, some people offer “the secret to 1-touch knock-outs”. There's no secret, some points on the body when struck or tapped even lightly, can cause qi to descend quickly. When the qi rapidly leaves the head/brain area, the person falls down. This is medical knowledge, not just martial arts teaching. Traditionally, students trained hard which resulted in

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mary is one of many health professionals who have gravitated to American KunTao Silat for reasons only they can explain.Mary met Sigung Steve and Uncle Bill at the very first KunTao Silat Seminar in Florida back in 1995 or so.

Travis C
      Participant

I myself have been in the law enforcment field for a while, but have studied eastern medical science along with years of martial arts that focus on internal chi development, bone marrow and tendon changing, and accu-points. With AKTS being of Shaolin descent, these studies just naturally flow with the AKTS training.

Anonymous
      Inactive

While on the topic of Travis and health practice: there was some discussion on another thread somewhere, I don't recall exactly, about jow and how it aids in the training for hitting and blocking.

Steven Vance
      Participant

Art suggested I might want to jump in on this topic.

randolph
      Participant

I think it is beneficial in martial arts to understand the the body and how it works. For example, some people offer "the secret to 1-touch knock-outs". There's no secret, some points on the body when struck or tapped even lightly, can cause qi to descend quickly. When the qi rapidly leaves the head/brain area, the person falls down. This is medical knowledge, not just martial arts teaching. Traditionally, students trained hard which resulted in

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello The health field is comprised of many areas,those in the practitioner area are dedicated to the body, mind and spirit, Which I am sure all of you know is a major part of a martial art. The difference in AKTS, in my opinion is daily discipline and focus, strength,prevention and defense of all these areas, while also developing a brotherhood of a continuing lifestyle of honor and integrity. Just a quick opinion.Blessings MyWhitty.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.