KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

Looking for a good beginner’s video.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Royal Dragon
      Participant

Hello all!!I have a friend who is interested in beginning his Kuntao/Silat journey in Washington DC.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The original Introduction set is chock full of application stuff; so much so that I changed it and made it the first of the “additional information” series I call Guru Course #2 and instead of Heartless Monkey Knife, I put Karambit in there because it follows Djurus Satu; which by the way is two hours of applications on that one form.

Royal Dragon
      Participant

That one might actually be better

Anonymous
      Inactive

That one is Pak Victor's arrest and control course for LEOs that focuses a lot on knife defense.

Royal Dragon
      Participant

Hmm, in this case I would probably be better off giving him the partner practice one first, then do the basic dvd. He needs something usage oriented to play with, or he won't understand the reason for the drills. If he sees the drills first, with no context, he won't appreciate it and not see the value of the system.I wonder if Guru Steve might be willing to add a new video to his line that starts with a series of applications (like a dozen or so) that can be used against the common attacker,

Anonymous
      Inactive

😮 Now that's something to chew on.

Royal Dragon
      Participant

That sounds exactly like what I need!When is your next gathering? Is this a local one for your branch? or the big one with uncle Bill?

Anonymous
      Inactive

July 10 & 11.

Royal Dragon
      Participant

I haven't really paid much attention to all that stuff. I just know Guru Steve is on hiatus. I don't know all the details, and honestly, I don't care. We are all the same family regardless of what is going on behind the scenes. Everyone in my branch speaks very highly of everyone else who plays this art. Guru Joe in particular has allways shared fond memories of his training.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As it should be.The old timers seemed to have a different view on things.

edragn
      Participant
      Anonymous
      Inactive

This, once again, demonstrates Sigung Steve's brilliance.

Anonymous
      Inactive

;D

Travis C
      Participant

Amen my brother! HMK is, in my opinion, the beginning and the end! After all, Silat without the blade isn't Silat. I think everyone here should have a solid foundation in the use of the blade!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.