KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

Bladesmithing

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Travis C
      Participant

This is the place to come and talk about different design ideas, bladesmithing techniques, equipment, etc… Do you have Smith experience? If so then share your experiences! If not then feel free to ask questions and learn a few things.God Bless and let the ideas flow!

Travis C
      Participant

I myself have been smithing for almost a decade now. I have messed with a little bit of everything especially pattern welding. I have a fascination for classic Indo and Filo blades and have always enjoyed throwing a modern twist to them to make them more applicable to modern times. Right now I am deep into the design and development of some very nice yet affordable aluminum trainers that are going to be as close to the real thing as possible, minus the sharp edge of course!

SigungAric

Travis, Where are you at with this project? We'd love to see what you are up to these days.Aric

SigungAric

These are a couple of blades I have recently worked on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Very nice Sigung Aric, another career in the making?

SigungAric

Very much like Elijah, I've got several careers in the making.

SigungAric

I've been working on a small 3.5″ knife. Perfect for the palm of your hand. Comes with a leather/kydex sheath, custom formed to it. 3 available @ $25 ea. email me directly on these!SigungAric@KunTaoSilat.com

SigungAric

I have a couple more here too that I wanted to show off. The first with the wood handle, is what I 'open-carry' and absolutely love it. All of my blades are 1095 High Carbon Steel, hand made, free of mass producing similarities. The kerambit I designed, is not a hair popping sharp, to ensure mass destruction when making your cuts. Of course, it can be sharpened to that specification, but it's my own preference.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.