KTS-Sensei-Bottom-Menu

Wayne Gauvin: Congratulations on your Certification to Level Three

Welcome to KunTao Silat ~ the American Martial LifeStyle Forums Learning KunTao Silat Distance Learning Program Wayne Gauvin: Congratulations on your Certification to Level Three

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve
      Keymaster

Congratulations Wayne GauvinWayne, you've placed a huge grin on my face! I've had the opportunity to view your test videos as well as Aric and Art's comments and have very little to add except my hearty and unequivocal endorsement of your certification to Level Three! When you started your journey, there was only one way to go. Now there's three. It is obvious from the videos that you have a nice studio and have certainly decided to teach, so there is no reason you could not certify in both Malabar and American, even though you're Canadian. Next time you order DVDs, ask Art to include Pai Yun as a freebie ~ I'm sure you will excel in the Tiger system of Malabar. But you may find Serak to be more to your liking at the moment so you could request either ~ your choice. If my aging memory serves, you commenced back when there were only four DVDs in the Distance Learning Program like many others; so when you order next time remember to request the more recent additions as well, Art will send them out with your order for free. Of course, this applies to all my old friends who have been training since the DLP was in its infancy, or anywhere along the evolving path. Your honour, discipline and dedication is quite obvious and I'm sure that you're not far from your goal of KTS Guru and the unveiling of your own personal Martial LifeStyle. I, and the gurus, will joyfully aid and assist your journey as best we can. You're quite an example Wayne; thank you for being an integral part of the KunTao Silat Family.May YHVH richly bless your House,Steve

wayne
      Participant

Thank you Sigung for the providing me with the opportunity to learn Kuntao Silat. I am fortunate to have found the art that you have so openly shared.I have been working satu for a long time (albeit somewhat incorrectly) and with the kindness of Guru Aric Fowler and his critique of my peer review video I was able to really clean up my form and prepare for the testing.I am also lucky to have several people to train with as well as a good friend who let's me rent a training space, it gets very cold out here in the winter making outside training somewhat impractical. Warmest regardsWayne

Elijah Gartin
      Keymaster

If I may make a correction. He is now Level Four and well on his way to Level 5!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Fine work Wayne! Thanks for updating the Who is Who page Guru Aric.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think Wayne's last test brought him up to level Six

SigungAric

Wayne, You've done very well in your journey to Guru Muda. I'd like you to consider something for just a moment. Sigung Derric helped me to a realization I'd likely have not reached if not for him. In your many belted arts, you work your way from white to black. In the old Okinawan Karate systems, the idea was simple. You had a white belt. You used it until it became black from USE. However, over time it has evolved to be more about money, so each level, the belt gets a little darker. This continues until you reach black belt. Well, what happens to your black belt after many, many years of heavy use? It becomes white. I like to think of KunTao Silat as that journey after you hit black belt. We tend to start you in the thick of it. Complete with heavy thoughts of fighting, because as a noob, that is what you are here for anyway, right? As you start going through your journey though, you realize you might be here for a higher purpose. Perhaps it is guide young people, or just make a difference in the martial community of the world. Whatever your motive, it's been an honor guiding you this far. I hope you'll allow me to continue you working with you, so that may help you develop your ability as a teacher and practitioner. I have great Faith you'll go far my friend. Just keep doing what you are doing.Aric

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.